Friday, August 10, 2012

Los Colores



Edit 8/15/12: Realized, after all of this time, that the face was waaay too wide and asymmetrical. It actually looks like a female version of the mad magazine dude and somehow my brain didn't register that until today. Spent three hours fixing that because I'm a looser who will never amount to anything.



Edit 8/14/12: Decided to try to make the drawing into something that could pass off as an actual composition, and made the eyes less uncanny-valley/dead looking.


After a few days of showing my parents and youngest sister around the city and exploring the White Forest National Park, I've finally gotten around to coloring this piece. It has problems, complete lack of any background environment aside, but I think I'm pretty happy with it overall. I think this style of coloring works well with my line work and can continue to be developed into something cool. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment